Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Before and After

With it being the busiest time of the year and all, I've had a lot of people ask me why it takes so long for them to get their pictures back.

Let me explain...

Photography is more than just having a "nice camera". It is a mixture of creativity and education. It is all about knowing how your camera works and why, and then being able to make it work for you. But after that, comes the real work (or at least a lot more time). Each image that I share with my clients has been extensively edited. I can spend anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes per picture. So if you're getting back say, 35 pictures, it has probably taken me between 7-10 hours just to edit them. It's not just a simple process of coming home, putting the photos on my computer and burning them to a disk.

I think it's worth it though. What do you think?

Original (unedited) shot: 

Edited version:




2 comments:

Tarrah said...

Amen to that! Beautiful picture!

Tess Smith said...

great post! great photo! and such an adorable little girl. ++

Post a Comment

 
© Luminosity Photography
CoffeeShop Designs