Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SOOC and Photo Swap!

I want to apologize to all my recent clients for being so slow getting stuff back to you! It's been crazy around here! I've been trying to finish a huge video project, trying to figure out everything for a summer internship for school, and trying to edit through masses of photos. (: 

One thing many non-photographers don't understand, is the time and skill it takes to get a photo processed. I guess I could just copy the images straight to a CD and hand them over, but you would all think I stink at taking pictures. The truth is, there is a lot more to being a great photographer than just taking a good picture in the camera. Don't get me wrong, the SOOC (or straight out of the camera) shot is probably the most important thing. You can't make something terrible look awesome just by photoshopping it. But after you get the shot that has really good exposure and everything else, then you have to go in and tweak it even more to make it really amazing. Let me demonstrate. 

I've been able to do this fun swap with the amazingly talented Andrea Child, the photographer behind TeaTree Photography. Isn't she awesome?  
She sent me over this shot that she took (an amazing SOOC!) and let me play with it.

And here is my edited version:

Pretty cool, huh? So don't be grumpy if you don't have your pictures back yet. It'll be worth the wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Luminosity Photography
CoffeeShop Designs